none
Multiple Versions of Office RRS feed

• Question

• We are rolling out Outlook 2007 and I have our standard user policy set to block archiving and PSTs. The templates are in a central store.

I also have a pilot group of Outlook 2010 users. After I add the 2010 ADMX files to the Central store, should I make a separate GPO for Office 2010 or can I add the 2010 settings to my user policy as well?

Thursday, January 6, 2011 9:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Unless you have a difference in the security needs, such as having one admin manage Office 2007 settings and another manage Office 2010 or expect to add conflicting settings, such as running Outlook 2007 in cached mode but running Outlook 2010 in non-cached mode, I'd probably go with a single GPO.

Thanks,

Guy

• Marked as answer by IT2B Thursday, January 13, 2011 6:55 PM
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 10:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Unless you have a difference in the security needs, such as having one admin manage Office 2007 settings and another manage Office 2010 or expect to add conflicting settings, such as running Outlook 2007 in cached mode but running Outlook 2010 in non-cached mode, I'd probably go with a single GPO.

Thanks,

Guy

• Marked as answer by IT2B Thursday, January 13, 2011 6:55 PM
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 10:53 PM
  • I would have both do the same function, which is block the ability to create pst files and auto archive. I wasn't sure if having both  in the same GPO would cause any problems.
    Friday, January 7, 2011 2:26 AM
  • Both will work fine. It will be clear if you create 2 GPO for different versions when you need to modify or delete one of them, but it will not spend too more time to change settings for either of them in a single GPO.
    Shaon Shan |TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 7:24 AM