Single Item drop down (View, Edit, Delete, Alert) on Companyweb List (2003) RRS feed

• Question

• We had a user delete an old list that was created by a previous technician. I recreated the list as best I could but I noticed the previous one had a drop down on the first column and I don't see that anymore. The drop down had (View, Edit, Delete, Alert) each item in the first column would have this.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 11:21 PM

Answers

• Kris,
    1. Go to "Modify settings and columns" 
    2. select the column named "Title (linked to item with edit menu)" and rank it as first column
    3. like below
    4.  You will get (View, Edit, Delete, Alert)

Please 'propose as answer' if it helped you, also 'vote helpful' if you like this reply.

• Edited by Sudip Misra Wednesday, January 14, 2015 11:50 PM
    • Marked as answer by Technican Kris Thursday, January 15, 2015 12:03 AM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 11:46 PM

All replies

• Kris,
    1. Go to "Modify settings and columns" 
    2. select the column named "Title (linked to item with edit menu)" and rank it as first column
    3. like below
    4.  You will get (View, Edit, Delete, Alert)

Please 'propose as answer' if it helped you, also 'vote helpful' if you like this reply.

• Edited by Sudip Misra Wednesday, January 14, 2015 11:50 PM
    • Marked as answer by Technican Kris Thursday, January 15, 2015 12:03 AM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 11:46 PM
  • Sudip,

I just came across this making a template out of one that works. How do I create columns that have this? The only one showing is Order number which is not the one I want.

Would I just rename the 'Title" column and use that?
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 11:51 PM
  • You can rename title column and use. If I understand you right, you want to create a list template out of your working solution.If so, please recreate the template.

Thursday, January 15, 2015 12:30 AM