Keyboard response rate in the registry - What does the "flag" setting do? RRS feed

• Question

• Currently I am trying to increase my response rate of the keyboard, I have set it up to be:

AutoRepeatDelay - 250

AutoRepeatRate - 6

Flags - 27

However, occasionally when using the CTRL and SHIFT keys it appears as if sticky keys turn on and cause my CTRL-SHIFT to be constantly on until pressed again.

This does not happen if I set the flag to its default value - so the question is what does this value change? 

Thursday, April 2, 2020 2:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I found a simple description about flag key, please refer to David C. Rankin's comments in thread: Windows 10 Keyboard Repeat Rate/Delay Keeps Changing

As his description, flag key related with filter key responds. So, please keep your flag key as default. 

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

Bests,

" Please note that new questions regarding ‘Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment’ could NOT be posted in this forum anymore. This thread could be followed up until Mar-30th. We will be moving your thread to Microsoft Q&A if the deadline is missed. Register our new platform Microsoft Q&A (Preview)! for new questions or discussion. Check more details on sticky post.

• Edited by Joy-Qiao Friday, April 3, 2020 2:33 AM
    Friday, April 3, 2020 2:32 AM