Microsoft Information Protection sdk RRS feed

• Question

• [MIP Policy API] I'm working on Microsoft Information Protection SDK. I got the protection template ids from MIP Protection API.

Now, I want to get metadata of protection labels for these <g class="gr_ gr_16 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="16" id="16">templateIds</g>. I could only found ComputeActions() method in Policy API handler for this requirement.

The problem <g class="gr_ gr_20 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="20" id="20">i'm</g> facing is, in adding PolicyEngine 

"Failed API call: profile_add_engine_async Failed with: [InternalError] Failed to parse the acquired Compliance Policy. Failed with: [class <g class="gr_ gr_18 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="18" id="18">mip</g>::CompliancePolicyParserException] Tag not found : policy, NodeType: 15, Name: No Name Found, Value: , Ancestors: <SyncFile><Content>"

From Microsoft IP resource center, the issue is documented as a known issue and the proposed solution is to migrate protection labels to Office 365 Security & Compliance Center.

But, actually, we don't want to enforce <g class="gr_ gr_22 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="22" id="22">user</g> to migrate all its protection labels. The user can get label list with its Metadata(name or description), without protection label migration. So can anyone suggest if any other solution of this issue in getting PolicyEngine or is there any way in Protection API?

Friday, December 14, 2018 4:56 PM