none
WES7 deployment fail RRS feed

• Question

• So I did a manual capture of a WES7 image using imagex throgh command prompt. I did a syspep generaliz shutdown before capture. I created a new task sequence in MDT and i try to deploy it. It gets to installing operating system and at about half ways through it fails saying failed to apply image using imagex. I tested xpembedded using the fseal and redeployed it and that worked perfetly, but this WES7 does not. The device is a hp thin client 5740. Anybody every deploy wes7 using MDT?
    Friday, April 25, 2014 2:04 PM

Answers

• Figure out my own problem. The task where it formats in the task sequence was creating a system reserved active partition which was using 500mb of the hdd. I disabled that and device then fully imaged.
    • Marked as answer by azepeda09 Friday, April 25, 2014 6:19 PM
    Friday, April 25, 2014 5:58 PM

All replies

• So it gets to 80% and fails. I was able to look at the logs and it fails at that point stating their is not enough hard drisk space? I am confused. How would it not have enough space if that is the same image captured from the same disk?
    Friday, April 25, 2014 2:36 PM
  • Figure out my own problem. The task where it formats in the task sequence was creating a system reserved active partition which was using 500mb of the hdd. I disabled that and device then fully imaged.
    • Marked as answer by azepeda09 Friday, April 25, 2014 6:19 PM
    Friday, April 25, 2014 5:58 PM