Service Control Manager EVENTID:7026 Boot-Start or System-Start Driver(s) Failed to Load RRS feed

• Question

• I recently had to install a new battery for my computer. After doing so I started having this problem and receiving the following Error from the "Service Control Manager" Event ID:7026   The following Boot-Start or System-Start driver(s) failed to load: ppfd_vt_1_10_0_24    Param 1. The issues I am having are; Unable to completely "SHUT DOWN" unless I press the power button, this is after I have already selected the "shut down" option in the Start menu. Never had to press the power button to power off my computer. Also, at "START-UP", I get as far as a black screen with a white flashing cursor in upper left-hand corner. At this point I am stuck, nothing takes me out of this state unless I press the "POWER" button to shut-down. In order to start-up & Boot, I disconnect AC Adapter, remove battery, wait about 20 seconds, re-install battery, power adapter, and push power button. Now my computer is all good. Can anyone help me with this, I've researched for 2 weeks and am no where. Thanks for any help. My computer is quite old, 2010 Sept., but I'm hoping that I don't have to purchase a new one...(I'm a lil cheap) lol
    Friday, February 12, 2016 8:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Welcome to technical forum.

Did the issue solve because there is a sentence which is “Now my computer is all good” in your post?

Did this issue just occur after you install a new battery?

By the error, we suggest you update battery driver or re-install batter driver, then do a clean boot by the following link to check if the issue persist:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135 

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 15, 2016 5:50 AM