none
Monthly tape job not performed RRS feed

• Question

• We have DPM 2010. We do all the short term to disk and have long term set up to Tape. We have the weekly tape set to be performed on Saturday, the Monthly to the last day of the Month and the yearly to the last day of the december.  The weekly tapes seem to be working fine. But I expect that there should have been a montly tape created on 9/30, which is the last day of the month of September. We I came into the office today I noticed the there was no Monthly tape created but there was a Weekly tape created on saturday 10/1. What am I missing here, shouldn't I have gotten a montly tape created on 9/30. We are using a standalone tape drive so I expected that the montly tape would have been created then I would have seem errors trying to create the weekly tape as the montly tape would still have been in the drive on Saturday.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Monday, October 3, 2011 3:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

There should be an alert that the Monthly tape backup failed. If you have more than one long term recovery goal set, then you will need multiple tape drives as we do tape copy jobs for additional LT goals.  You should see a warning after enabling two or more long term goals when you only have a single drive.

Warning reads as follows:  Please ensure that there are a minimum of two tape drives or two tape libraries for copy backups to succeed.

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 2:51 PM