none
BitLocker recovery key RRS feed

• Question

• Good day team

Please kindly assist with the Bitlocker recovery key: my client's key ID is E96DF807

She unfortunately can't remember setting anything Bitlocker related. Please assist.

Best Regards

Thulani

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 9:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Thulani.

In Windows 10, you can try login to https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykey using your Microsoft account to get the BitLocker recovery key.
    If you cannot get the BitLocker recovery key and you're running Windows 7, you have to reinstall the operating system.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 9:16 AM
  • Good day Luigi

Thank you for the response but my client doesn't even have a microsoft email account.so she's completely clueless. Her device (Lenovo MiiXX 300) is running Windows 10 Home edition. is there any alternative way she can retrieve the recovery key? Thanks again

Best Regards

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 9:32 AM
  • Good day Luigi

Thank you for the response but my client doesn't even have a microsoft email account.so she's completely clueless. Her device (Lenovo MiiXX 300) is running Windows 10 Home edition. is there any alternative way she can retrieve the recovery key? Thanks again

Best Regards

Check the account your client is using: if it using a Microsoft account (which does not necessarily imply having a "@outlook.com" or "@hotmail.com" email address), you can proceed as per my previous reply; also read the Microsoft Knowledge Base article 4026181 to know how you can find the BitLocker recovery key.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 10:05 AM
  • Hi Luigi

thanks will do.

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 10:36 AM
  • Hi Luigi

thanks will do.

You're welcome.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE