I Am No Fan of Exchange Server -- I Received This Message In An E-Mail -- I Never Sent a Message to The State of Texas RRS feed

• Question

• Your message was rejected by a moderator for these recipients.
    Leslie Woolley 
    Subject: This information concerns the security of your account: leslie.woolley@xxxx.state.tx.us

MARK D ROCKMAN

• Edited by Manu Meng Tuesday, May 14, 2019 6:40 AM remove the sensitive information
    Monday, May 13, 2019 2:56 PM

All replies

• Hi F7H2fw,

Someone may spoof your email address to send message to "Leslie". And this message has been rejected by the moderator of your mailbox, so you got this bounce email (we call it NDR).

Search the message tracking log to find if there is any clue on this:

Get-MessageTrackingLog -Sender <your email address> -Recipients <recipient email address>

Please note that if you are an end user, we suggest you contact your email administrator as soon as possible.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Manu Meng Friday, May 17, 2019 8:43 AM
    Tuesday, May 14, 2019 6:37 AM
  • Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, May 20, 2019 9:31 AM
  • I earned a degree in computer science.  I've worked in industry for decades as an IT Pro and developer.   I am under contract to a radio reading service for the blind.  They run Windows PCs to service the blind public with podcasts, radio broadcasts, and audio streaming on the web.  I do not and would not use Exchange Server because of its inherent complexity and lack of suitable documentation.  So I am an end user.   I imagine my e-mail address has been circulating on the "dark web" and that is how a message some Russian sent to the State of Texas elicited an inappropriate response to me from the State of Texas which bought Exchange Server.  As to Exchange Server, any software product that requires a schema modification to the junk drawer known as the Registry is software I would never recommend to a Microsoft client.  Sales and Marketing, of course, have a differing opinion.

MARK D ROCKMAN

Monday, May 20, 2019 2:03 PM
  • Sorry for the delay. As I stated above, you have the risk to be spoofed by others, as an end user, sometimes we don't have the enough resource to solve such kind of issue, so still suggest you contact your administrator.

By the way, your organization are not using the Exchange server as the smtp email server, am I missing anything here?

Regards,

Manu Meng

Friday, May 24, 2019 9:47 AM