Installation of ProClarity 6.3 SP3 in Windows 2008 R2 64bit RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

My first question in this forum, sorry to begin with a diffcult one!

We are currently planning to implement Microsoft BI in our organization. We already have a system working in SAP BI.

Since new to Microsoft BI, we are facing lots of chalanges to configure the Server System.  We already configured Windows Server 2008 R2 (64bit), SharePoint 2007 ,SQL Server 2008 and Performance Point Planning and Monitoring Servers(thanks for Microsofot Technet Forum and Planet Sharepoint).

Now we need to install ProClarity 6.3 in this environment. From Some sources we came to know we can install Proclarity(32bit) in WIndows 2008 R2(64bit).

We installed 6.3 Evaluation and updated to the latest patch SP3. Here we are facing two issues.

1. We are not able to connect PAS System from Analysis Server Administrator. We provide the right creditials, but not accepting it.
    2. In PAS web interface also we are facing some issues.  After removeing ISAPI Filter i am able to see the one page.... with links to some

An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

If you are the system administrator please click here to find out more about this error.

I am waiting for some reply. Thanks in Advance.

Regards
    Baby

Friday, November 13, 2009 10:57 AM

Answers

• Hello.. please see this link for configuring 2008 R2 and PAS.  You will want to configure PAS before installing MOSS etc as the MOSS installation will switch the bitness to x64 on all application pools.  The ProClarity application pool needs to be 32-bit.

http://office.microsoft.com/download/afile.aspx?AssetID=AM103875331033

Hth,
    Sean

Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Eldose Baby Saturday, November 14, 2009 12:52 PM
    Friday, November 13, 2009 10:17 PM

All replies

• Hello.. please see this link for configuring 2008 R2 and PAS.  You will want to configure PAS before installing MOSS etc as the MOSS installation will switch the bitness to x64 on all application pools.  The ProClarity application pool needs to be 32-bit.

http://office.microsoft.com/download/afile.aspx?AssetID=AM103875331033

Hth,
    Sean

Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Eldose Baby Saturday, November 14, 2009 12:52 PM
    Friday, November 13, 2009 10:17 PM
  • Hi Sean,

Thanks for your reply.

Well, So you are suggesting to uninstall MOSS, Performance Point Applications and reinstall ProClarity first, followed by MOSS and Performance Point. Is n't?

What about "Analysis Server Administrator Connectivity". Will that problem also get resolved?

Also i have read,  in WIndows 2008 R2 we can configure Application Pool to run 64bit and 32bit in parrallel. Thats the reason we upgrade our system to 2008 R2.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards
    Baby 
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Sean,

Your suggestion worked. Thank you.

I installed Analysis Server in 2008 Server. But it doesnot contain any content in download link.

Please tell me how i can add downloadable contents in the server. What is mean by download contents. Is it the client tools for ProClarity?

As per my understanding analysis server and dashboard server needs to install in server. Is it right?

Regards
    Baby

Regards
    Baby

• Edited by Eldose Baby Saturday, November 14, 2009 12:59 PM To Update Staus
    Saturday, November 14, 2009 5:51 AM