Multiple Monitor problem, someone please respond. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a problem with a dual screen setup. I have two monitors hooked up to my computer, a normal 20" 1600 x 900 monitor and a 1080p LCD TV. Until recently I had no problems, but a few days ago the computer went into sleep mode and when it woke up the 1080p tv image was too stretched; when I full screen a window the top, bottom, and sides are cut off. How can I fix this?

BTW

The dell monitor is set to #2 and the Toshiba tv is set to #1(cant change this), when I set multiple displays to show only on 1(toshiba 1080p) the image fits but when I got back to extend displays it overstretches again.

Monday, December 13, 2010 10:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, this issue can be caused by the screen resolution not fit to the monitor.

Please right click desktop and select “Screen Resolution”, change the resolution to see if the same issue occurs.

And you cannot change Dell monitor to #1, you can try to remove the TV and reconnect for test.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, December 20, 2010 8:59 AM
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 8:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, this issue can be caused by the screen resolution not fit to the monitor.

Please right click desktop and select “Screen Resolution”, change the resolution to see if the same issue occurs.

And you cannot change Dell monitor to #1, you can try to remove the TV and reconnect for test.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, December 20, 2010 8:59 AM
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 8:45 AM
  • TV's can also control this setting with "overscan" options.  If your TV has such an option (many newer TVs do), it may have been reset, possibility without your knowledge.

If this was helpful, please vote by clicking the green triangle. If it solves the issue, click Propose as Answer. Thanks!
    Sunday, December 19, 2010 5:20 PM