"Inactivated Windows user" error while trying to open .rmh file using RMA for internet explorer RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed RMS SDK and RMH SDK. I have also installed the Windows right management client SP2 and RMA for internet explorer.

I compiled the sample CreateRMH and initailly had problems with Encryption part and fixed it by changing to AES algorithm. I am able to generate machine certicate,EUL and GIC. I am working with login administrator which is added in AD.

I have given .mht as input file (Internet explorer saved as.mht)  and the user is administrator emailid.

My setup is not connected to internet.I have installed the manifest expiry update also. I am working with IE6 in Windows XP machine.

I am able to generate output.rmh file,but i am not able to open it. I switched to production hierarchy to open the rmh file.

System asked for selected the type of account, I selected network user account.

It tried connecting ....

After that following error message is displayed.

"Cannot set up this account.

We are not able to use your windows account(Inactivated Windows user) to open this document,

Right management client returned the following result errorx80004005. Problem occured when working with account : Inactivated Windows user

Right management client returned the following result code : E_DRM_NEEDS_MACHINE_ACTIVATION.Problem occured when working with account : Inactivated Windows user"

Could anyone help me to get out of this problem. Whether I need to do any configurations ?

Note: In production hierarchy, I removed all the certificates in DRM folder.After trying to open the document,machine certificate got generated.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 9:53 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I am sorry this has been a challenge for you or others who have been using AD RMS 1.0 API. Thank you for you note and questions. The MSDRM SDK is no longer supported, per the header on our MSDN documentation (see the block quote below from current MSDN documentation).

The AD RMS SDK 1.0 leveraging functionality exposed by  the client in Msdrm.dll is available for use in Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 7, Windows Server 2012, and Windows 8. It may be altered or  unavailable in subsequent versions. Instead, use Active Directory Rights Management Services SDK 2.0,  which leverages functionality exposed by the client in Msipc.dll.

For AD RMS development you'll want to use developer documentations, AD RMS SDK 2.x, on MSDN and the SDKs forAD RMS SDK 2.1 RC & File API SDK, currently available via Connect.

HTH,

Brad Mahugh
    Microsoft Corporation
    ------------------------
    This post is provided "AS IS" and confers no promises of current or future technical support for a specific support issue. Please use Microsoft product support if you need a service commitment for your current support case or issue.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 5:28 PM