none
Filter on overdue Deadline (Project Pro 2010) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to built a filter to list the tasks for which the Finish date is after their deadline.

In a filter, the following criteria doesn't work (it displays nothing):

Finish ... is greater than ... Deadline.

While in a custom field the following formula works fine:

[Finish] > [Deadline]

Why ???

Thanks for your help

Sunday, December 2, 2012 10:11 AM

Answers

• Hi,

are you currently working with 2010? In 2010, I can only get this filter working with Scheduled Finish, with Finish I get an error. Here a screenshot, with highlight to display all tasks. Am I doing something different or are you using another version?

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Sunday, December 2, 2012 10:32 AM
    Sunday, December 2, 2012 10:20 AM
  • Hi,

with 2010, you are allowed to enter any text into Finish. Therefore it is changed to a tesxt field. Whenever you enter a valid date into Finish, Scheduled Finish and Finish will match - from point of value, but not technical format. When you enter a text, you will find a default value (like Project Start Date) in Scheduled Finish, because Project can't schedule a finish date.

Regards
    Barbara

Sunday, December 2, 2012 10:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

are you currently working with 2010? In 2010, I can only get this filter working with Scheduled Finish, with Finish I get an error. Here a screenshot, with highlight to display all tasks. Am I doing something different or are you using another version?

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Sunday, December 2, 2012 10:32 AM
    Sunday, December 2, 2012 10:20 AM
  • Hi Barbara,

Thanks a lot: that works with Scheduled Finish!

Another question could be: Why?

Sunday, December 2, 2012 10:34 AM
  • Hi,

with 2010, you are allowed to enter any text into Finish. Therefore it is changed to a tesxt field. Whenever you enter a valid date into Finish, Scheduled Finish and Finish will match - from point of value, but not technical format. When you enter a text, you will find a default value (like Project Start Date) in Scheduled Finish, because Project can't schedule a finish date.

Regards
    Barbara

Sunday, December 2, 2012 10:52 AM
  • By the way: the same affects for example Duration and Start, related fields are Scheduled Duration and Scheduled Start.

Regards
    Barbara

Sunday, December 2, 2012 11:11 AM