webpart refresh RRS feed

• Question

• after moving to a new domain

On publishing pages there's is a contact webpart - the current problem, are that the users picture aren't loaded on some (resides on the MySite\User photos),

in the webpart the old domain reference 'inside' the webpart are seen; contoso\username - if I edit the webpart and resolves/update it loads fine. 

Is it possible to target this "update" - without checking the page out to avoid it gets a modified timestamp? 

or is it just a matter of time before it gets updated by SP ? - (its very random where its not working)

• Edited by JmATK Thursday, July 12, 2018 8:10 PM
    Thursday, July 12, 2018 8:03 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi JmATK,

The user data in Contact Details web part comes from the User Information List (http://siteurl/_catalogs/users/simple.aspx).

SharePoint will run the following timer jobs in schedule to synchronize the User Profile user Data to user Information List.

• User Profile to SharePoint Full Synchronization
    • User Profile to SharePoint Quick Synchronization

For this issue, please ensure the user data in the User Information List is updated. You can manually run these timer jobs to sync the information.

In addition, please enable “cache per user” in the Contact Details Web Part.

Edit Contacts Details web part> expand the Miscellaneous section > select “cache per user” option. And set cache timeout to a lower value.

After that, the issue would be resolved.

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, July 13, 2018 10:17 AM
  • Hi Linda 

Sorry , its a customized Contact WebPart - that also uses som content types/crawled Properties - it don't have the cache settings :) 

I've look in the user list for a specific person that are in the WebPart - and in the WebPart there's the olddomain\jado - and in the User list - the users name are fully displayed;  Jane Doe (and with picture) titel - department as well 

I manually ran the 2 timer jobs  - but its not changed in the webpart   - I've also done the Move-SPuser on that specific user - but if can't find the "old" domain/user name

If I look in the UserInfo table ->tp_login in the DB the user are there and with the new domain

• Edited by JmATK Friday, July 13, 2018 2:01 PM
    Friday, July 13, 2018 12:27 PM
  • Hi JmATK,

It seems that your custom Contact web part caches the user information data, so that you may need to refresh the data by updating the web part manually.

To resolve it, you need to force a cache refresh in the custom web part.

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, July 16, 2018 1:57 AM
  • Hi Linda 

Can I do this with powerhell and the ID of the webpart?  

Monday, July 16, 2018 5:11 AM
  • Hi JmATK,

You could use PowerShell to edit web pert properties to trigger the edit event of the web part for refreshing the data.

About how to edit web part properties using PowerShell:

http://www.sharepointfire.com/2016/04/editing-web-part-properties-with-powershell-csom-in-sharepoint/

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

• Marked as answer by JmATK Monday, July 16, 2018 9:25 AM
    Monday, July 16, 2018 8:51 AM