none
Is Project Online completely browser based. RRS feed

• Question

• It looks like there is no trial version of Project Online, so I can't test this. I was wondering if the Project Web App works completely in the browser for the 365 offering.  I have Linux and Mac users.  It looks like the Word, Excel, Powerpoint web apps work well in Firefox on Linux.  I was wondering if the same is true with Project, and if so is it offered as a cloud based web app without having to host the server locally.

Thanks.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 5:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• Project Server 2013 and Project Web App support the same browsers as SharePoint Server 2013. For information about which browsers are supported, see Plan browser support in SharePoint 2013

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263526.aspx

Mozilla Firefox (latest released version)

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 10:22 PM
  • Brilliant, thank you for the quick reply.  Can I just clarify one thing.  Is the Project Web App completely browser based?  So no desktop or server installs are required, same as the Word and Excel Web App offerings?

Kind regards

Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:10 AM
  • If I want to use Project Professional for O365 click to run eg to build complex schedules as part of my Project Online setup will that work on Macs too? or is the web browser component only supported?

thanks

Steve

Thursday, April 11, 2013 3:33 PM
  • Steve - you will be limited to the browser with a Mac - there is no support for Project Pro for Office 365. 

Ace_Rimmer - as Steve mentions, the only installation would be if you wanted to do more complex schedules then you could use Project Pro for Office 365.  Project Online - accessed via the supported browsers to Project Web App does not require a client install.

Best regards,

Brian

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

• Marked as answer by Ace_Rimmer_20 Friday, April 12, 2013 8:23 AM
    Thursday, April 11, 2013 7:33 PM
    Owner