none
Filter by not working in New Experience.

Question

• 

Filter by is not working in the new experience.  We have a library of over 1000 documents.  We have two Managed Metadata columns: Category, and Subcategory.  Neither column allows us to filter.   It used to allow us to filter, but not any more.   

Anybody know why?  Has Microsoft modified the new experience?  Does filtering stop working if you have too many documents?  

Filter By Not Working

• Edited by SuthanSiv Tuesday, September 20, 2016 7:38 PM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2016 7:35 PM

Answers

• Hi Suthan,

From the image, it seems that you grouped the view by Category column. So I tested the same scenario with a few documents in my SharePoint online site, however the filter worked fine after I grouped the view by Category column.

I recommend to create a new view with defined filter to decrease the number of documents in a view and group the view by Category column.

After that, filter by Category or Subcategory column in the new view page to see what happens.

Best Regards,

Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 7:55 AM