I have two exchange server 2016 and one load balance. how to setup load balancer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Support,

I have two exchange 2016 server 

Ex1- 192.168.1.2

Ex2- 192.168.1.3

Public ip: 110.175.69.56

Now i want to configure load balancer for both exchange. If any one server down then automatically will be able to receive and send email from 2nd server.

Please suggest.

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 8:42 AM

Answers

• Hi Pradeep_Mishra365,

As I said before, different products has different configurations, I would suggest that you confirm directly with the supplier of this product, they may provide detailed steps for you.

We cannot know what kind of hared load balancer you used, so, we cannot know which steps to do with it. It isn't supported by us, every products has its own technical documentation and supporter, if you confirm with them, they will provide help for you.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, August 20, 2018 9:02 AM

All replies

• This depends on your loadbalancer. If you use kemp, it needs to be configured to distribute traffic to both exchange servers. 

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 8:44 AM
  • What load balancer do you use or you are in a choice? And what do you want to balance - only 443 port or other too?
    Tuesday, August 14, 2018 4:06 PM
  • Hi

It is relatively easy to setup an F5 for example as you have to answer a series of questions however if you not sure you might need to get someone in to help you.

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 4:38 AM
  • Hi Pradeep_Mishra365,

Do you mean you use a hared load balancer?

As above people said, different products have different configurations, I would suggest that you confirm directly with the supplier of this product, they may provide detailed steps for you.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 7:14 AM
  • Hi, As mentioned before different load balancing vendors work slightly differently.

This is one way you can do it with the jetNEXUS load balancer

https://appstore.edgenexus.io/exchange-2013-2-2/ 

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 12:52 PM
  • Hi Kyle,

My primary exchange (192.168.1.2) has been down due to hdd crash and now i want o use new mailbox server 192.168.1.3.

What change is need for this.

Thursday, August 16, 2018 11:41 AM
  • Hi Pradeep_Mishra365,

As I said before, different products has different configurations, I would suggest that you confirm directly with the supplier of this product, they may provide detailed steps for you.

We cannot know what kind of hared load balancer you used, so, we cannot know which steps to do with it. It isn't supported by us, every products has its own technical documentation and supporter, if you confirm with them, they will provide help for you.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Monday, August 20, 2018 9:02 AM