Windows 7 User RRS feed

• Question

• hi guys, is it possible in windows 7 to hide a user account during normal boot up, but if the user login to safe mode, the user account will display. just like in windows xp, the administrator account will show up in safe mode.

is it possible to do this in win 7 also? thank you.

Monday, March 14, 2011 5:22 AM

Answers

• Hi,

There is a built-in administrator account. If you haven't any administrator accounts, and this built-in Administrator account is disabled, you can reboot PC in Safe Mode, you will see this administrator account.

For more information, please refer to:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766343(WS.10).aspx

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Tuesday, March 22, 2011 3:15 AM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 10:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

There is a built-in administrator account. If you haven't any administrator accounts, and this built-in Administrator account is disabled, you can reboot PC in Safe Mode, you will see this administrator account.

For more information, please refer to:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766343(WS.10).aspx

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Tuesday, March 22, 2011 3:15 AM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 10:10 AM
  • There is a way to hide a user during normal boot using a registry hack. But I'm not sure if that user is then visible in Safe Mode. If you want that RegHack let me know and ill try locate it again.
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 1:21 AM
  • hi Brendan, i'll give it a shot. can help to share. Thanks.
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 3:07 AM