none
the procedure entry point getprocessimagefilenamew could not be located in the dynamic link library psapi.dll RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to create a zero touch install for Oracle 10g for bespoke software and i have got the database installed zero touch it is when i am trying to install the App Server i am getting the error message is there anyway of getting round this i am using the script

sfc /scannow
    C:\Aventa_Install\Apps_server\Install\setup.exe -silent ORACLE_HOME=C:\Oracle\frhome_1 -responseFile C:\Aventa_Install\apps_server\response\response.rsp
    pause

rmdir /S /Q C:\opatch
    xcopy /Y /S /E /I C:%PATH%/Opatch
    set %PATH%frhome_1
    set PATH=C:\OPatch;%PATH%
    set OPATCH_PLATFORM_ID=233
    cd C:%PATH%9282569
    opatch apply -silent ORACLE_HOME=C:/Oracle/frhome_1 -ocmrf C:\%PATH%\response\ocm.rsp

pause

the pause is for testing purposes the patches are all setup zero touch in seperate files and the%PATH% is in replace for our paths to our software

if anyone can help i will be unbelieveably grateful

Thursday, March 28, 2013 2:37 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Just to let you all know i sorted the issue it wasn't the installer the Oracle universal Installer for 10g isn't made for windows 7 (Windows Server 2008 R2) and the .DLL file PSAPI.DLL is so longer a .DLL on these OS so i have just removed the piece of script in the installer that looks for that file and everything is OK thank you for everyone's help in this forum it is very much appriciated

Gavin

• Marked as answer by Gavin Doris Wednesday, April 17, 2013 7:06 AM
    Wednesday, April 17, 2013 7:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This is a general scripting forum. For help with your specific error message, you really need to ask the vendor who provides the installer which is producing this error message.

Bill

Thursday, March 28, 2013 2:49 PM
  • Please call Oracle for all Oracle installation issues.  This is not a support forum.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thursday, March 28, 2013 2:51 PM
  • Thanks Bill
    Thursday, March 28, 2013 3:06 PM
  • Hi,

Just to let you all know i sorted the issue it wasn't the installer the Oracle universal Installer for 10g isn't made for windows 7 (Windows Server 2008 R2) and the .DLL file PSAPI.DLL is so longer a .DLL on these OS so i have just removed the piece of script in the installer that looks for that file and everything is OK thank you for everyone's help in this forum it is very much appriciated

Gavin

• Marked as answer by Gavin Doris Wednesday, April 17, 2013 7:06 AM
    Wednesday, April 17, 2013 7:06 AM
  • Could you please share how exactly you removed the piece of script that the installer looks for?  I am running into the same issue and have not been able to resolve yet.  Any help would be much appreciated.
    Friday, April 26, 2013 3:20 PM
  • Hi,

This is not an Oracle installation support forum; sorry.

Bill

Friday, April 26, 2013 3:22 PM
  • do you have a custom installer or do you use the Oracle provided installer because the Programmers in the company built ours on the bases of OUI ours is very different but i will recover a backup to a VM and find the piece of script i removed

Thanks 

Gavin

Friday, April 26, 2013 3:35 PM
  • do you have a custom installer or do you use the Oracle provided installer because the Programmers in the company built ours on the bases of OUI ours is very different but i will recover a backup to a VM and find the piece of script i removed

Thanks 

Gavin

The script just runs the uninstaller defined in the registry.  It does nothing else except find one specific product. The installer will remove all registry entries when it runs.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Friday, April 26, 2013 4:09 PM

Thanks 

Gavin

The Oracle installer uses the WIndows installer under the covers.

If you are trying to uninstall an Oracle component then post in teh Oracle forum for installation issues.  THey will tell you the exact steps to remove and product from the commandline.  The Orqacle installer also has a command line setup.  orainst /? for help.  It, too, ucan use a productr name or GUId to install or remove a product.

As far as you customizations you will need to talk to the developers who did this as we cannot know what they did and your disription is not useful or understandable.

The script you posted does not use any oracle components.  It just calls the uninstall program listed in the registry.  WMI does exactly the same thing and serches exactly like your script does.  Have youtried it yet?  It can be run remotely.  Your script cannot be run remotely.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Friday, April 26, 2013 4:15 PM
  • This is not an Oracle support site, so this is not the appropriate place for this discussion.

Bill

Friday, April 26, 2013 4:44 PM