WSUS Reporting - Deployment and status of installed patches RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to run a report for deployment and status. What I'd like to see are Deployment to a computer group, successful install, reboot after installation of patches. As well as any other missing patches.

I'd also like to run a report of patches for Windows 2008R2, 2012R2, 2016 Servers.

I've tried looking in to Creating Reports. I tried going to the Computer Reports, from the console, Computer Status Summary. There was nothing there, see screenshot.

Maybe I'm still new but, I would imagine that there should be some 'Reports'. I get the same results when running Update Status Summary.

Is there some PowerShell script I can run to get what I'd like to see?

For example:

My WSUS GPO for 'Configure Automatic Updates' '#4 - Auto download and schedule the install' is set to deploy Every Monday at 3:00am. What I'd like to see in the report is if the download, deployment was/is successful.

• Edited by nseawater Thursday, February 9, 2017 5:55 PM
    Thursday, February 9, 2017 5:43 PM

All replies

• Hi nseawater,

After setting the filter, do you click "Run Report", the report will be generated after then;

Then, you'll get the report like this:

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 10, 2017 6:19 AM
  • Thanks Anne, I thought I did that. But, I guess a reboot of the box did the trick. I guess, I am unable to run a report on a singular computer. Is that even possible, to get a report on a single computer on what it needs as far as patches goes?
    Monday, February 13, 2017 2:50 PM
  • Hi nseawater,

>Is that even possible, to get a report on a single computer on what it needs as far as patches goes?

Do you mean you want to get the report for single client? If yes, you may check the report on the Computers, double click the computer, you'll get a report:

Best Regards,

Anne

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 5:54 AM
  • Hi,

Just to check if the above reply could be of help? If yes, you may mark useful reply as answer, if not, welcome to feedback.

Best Regards,

Anne

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 9:50 AM
  • Hi Anne,

Thanks that helped. When you double click on the computer account from 'All Computers' group, you get 'Any classification, Any product and Any - it looks like the default.

Is there a way to change this and have it where it opens as a pre-defined report? For example:

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 7:28 PM
  • Hi nseawater,

What about syncing on the downstream WSUS server manually, after synchronization, the downstream WSUS server will report the latest status to the upstream WSUS server.

Best Regards,

Anne

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 1:53 AM