Compatibility issues with a Sony Vaio Desktop Model VGC-RB42G XP Media Center 2005 RRS feed

• Question

• Sony does not appear to be working to quickly on a fix to make the Mpeg Encorder Card compatable with Windows 7 RC. In addition the Graphic Driver is not compatible either. Does anyone know what Sony might have that I can replace these items with that will make it compatible for this new operating system. In addition how do I let Microsoft know that i can't install windows 7 until these matters are fixed.
    Saturday, August 8, 2009 12:51 AM

Answers

• Hi Jack,

I would like to know why do you want to use XP Media Center 2005 on Windows 7 system when Windows 7 itself comes with Windows Media Center. Is your system Designed for XP?

From my experience, I came across a situation where I upgraded my system from XP to Windows 7 and one of the drivers was missing. I tried hard to install Windows 7 compatible driver but it didn't work, it only considered XP driver which was there on Sony website. So my guess is that your system is also designed for XP and while upgrading to Windows 7 some of the files are still not compatible with Windows 7. So in that case you might want to contact Sony support.

Thanks.
    Pooja.
    • Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Saturday, August 15, 2009 1:22 AM
    Monday, August 10, 2009 2:39 PM