none
Tested VSS hardware provider link updated still? RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• Chris,

That is the only list we have and is currently up to date

Regards, Mike J [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, July 7, 2010 8:01 PM
  • Yikes, not looking good when the Microsoft recommendation is to use a hardware VSS provider for performance reasons but only supports 4 vendors and less than 15 different subsystems. No love for big blue subsystems when it comes to CSVs? I would have thought differently from the link below..

http://www.microsoft.com/virtualization/en/us/partner-profile-ibm.aspx

Thanks for the reply Mike..

Chris

Thursday, July 8, 2010 12:01 PM
  • Hi Chris,

I don't believe you intrepreted the site correctly.

<snip>The fact that a VSS hardware provider for a certain SAN is not listed below does not mean that it is not compatible, but that it has not been tested.>snip<

I would recommend you contact "your" hardware vendor and see if they have a VSS hardware provider capable of taking multiple snapshots of a LUN hosted on different systems.  If you find that your vendor does support it and you verify it works, let us know and we can work with that vendor to have it added to the list. 

Regards, Mike J [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, July 8, 2010 4:44 PM
  • If the above suggested answer does not help in resolving the thread please re-open it.
    Cheers, Tyler F [MSFT] - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, September 3, 2010 8:19 PM