offline device RRS feed

• Question

• How do I prevent App-v apps from running from the cache when the device is offline?

Thanks

Jason Yates

Friday, December 11, 2015 11:31 PM

Answers

• Basically you cant... the appv app behaves as a local installed app... you can run a local installed app also if your device is offline.

So I suppose, you want to prevent the app from starting if you do not have connection with for instance a file server. Create a script which can detect this (check for fileserver), add it as a StartVirtualEnvironment script, and set RollbackOnError to true.

• Edited by Roy Essers Tuesday, December 15, 2015 12:04 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Wednesday, December 16, 2015 9:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by JTYates Tuesday, January 5, 2016 10:07 PM
    Tuesday, December 15, 2015 12:03 AM

All replies

• Could you provide some more details as we are not able to understand your query.

(Please click on "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", if it has helped you.)

app2pack.blogspot.com: app2pack.blogspot.com

Sunday, December 13, 2015 8:37 AM
  • Basically you cant... the appv app behaves as a local installed app... you can run a local installed app also if your device is offline.

So I suppose, you want to prevent the app from starting if you do not have connection with for instance a file server. Create a script which can detect this (check for fileserver), add it as a StartVirtualEnvironment script, and set RollbackOnError to true.

• Edited by Roy Essers Tuesday, December 15, 2015 12:04 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Wednesday, December 16, 2015 9:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by JTYates Tuesday, January 5, 2016 10:07 PM
    Tuesday, December 15, 2015 12:03 AM