Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard 1.1 (and Mouse) RRS feed

• Question

• Recently, when I got my computer from standby I found that the letters associated with the keys had changed and kept changing to different letters everytime the key was pressed. I managed to type in my pasword by using a USB keyboard which also became affected but after re-starting the computer I found I could use the USB keyboard again and then managed to run the Windows Error Checking program which solved the problem with both keyboards.  Yesterday however I tried to get my computer out of standby using my mouse and keyboard and found that they would not work at all.  I again had to use the USB keyboard and a USB Mouse then run error checking which worked again, but I fear the same thing will happen again.  I have had this keyboard and the Optical mouse for about 3 or 4 years and the only new installation I have made is itunes. 

I mostly use my Limited Account.   My anti viurs program is ZA.  My operating system is Windows XP. I get online using a router.    I noticed the insertion of eudcedit.exe in my Run box.  I didn't put it there.  The batteries of both the mouse and the keyboard are new.  Please could you tell me how to stop the problem.  Thanks.

Friday, November 6, 2009 9:29 PM