blue screen shutdown RRS feed

• Question

• My laptop keeps shutting down on a blue page stating that it is going to dump discs. It also states that i can only boot up on safe mode, in this mode i am unable to try and fix the problem. It also leaves an    error message C:\progra-2\perfor-1\perfor-1.dll i have no idea what this is. Can you   please help. 

Regards

Monica Petrie

Monday, July 20, 2015 1:16 PM

Answers

All replies

•  
    We do need the actual log files (called a DMP files) as they contain the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.  

Please follow our instructions for finding and uploading the files we need to help you fix your computer. They can be found here
    If you have any questions about the procedure please ask

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Monday, July 20, 2015 1:31 PM
  • Hi Monica,

The blue screen error can be caused by both hardware and software issues, and it can be difficult to troubleshoot the problem. The following tools and methods described in the link below can often help get Windows up and running again.

Resolving stop (blue screen) errors in Windows 7

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows7/resolving-stop-blue-screen-errors-in-windows-7

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 9:00 AM