none
SCM V2 install on Windows 7 x64 failing RRS feed

• General discussion

• I am trying to install SCM v2 on a stand alone laptop with no internet connection and it continues to fail with errorCode= 1603. under the application log I get error for MsiInstaller "product: Microsoft Security Compliance Manager -- Error 25158. Error Code: 5000. Failed to execute SQL script.

During installation I select "one of the existing SQL instances" and select localhost\MSSQLSERVER. The MSSQLSERVER process in running in services...

Any help appreciated!

Monday, September 19, 2011 12:49 PM

All replies

• Really??? No help???
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 3:01 PM
  • Tiger, I apologize but I haven't had to troubleshoot any installation issues with SCM over the past year, I'm trying to get one of the testers to respond.
    Kurt Dillard http://www.kurtdillard.com
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 5:35 PM
  • Please look at the SCM installer log files at

C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Local\Temp\SCM Installer Logs 2011-08-15_153751. This folder will have 3 files SCMsetup.log, SCmSetupmsi.log.

Please look at the SCMSetupmsi.log and it will have error code. Please look and you should be able to move forward.

if you still have problem. Please email the log files to SecwishM@microsoft.com.

Thanks for using SCM.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 5:56 PM
  • Thanks for the assistance. After reviewing the log and confirming that it was an SQL access issue I gave it a little more thought. I do already have SQL installed but it was installed by another program so I believe that the user that SCM was trying to install the sql instance with couldn't use the current one. Long story short I used the installer to launch another SQL server instance and all is well.
    Friday, September 23, 2011 12:46 PM
  • Just ran into the same issue while trying to install SCM v2 on Windows 7 x64 and trying to use an already existing SQL Server 2008 Express installation on the machine.

The error messages in the SCM installer log files hinted at the installation scripts not being able to find the specified database server while trying to use the Named Pipes transport.

So I went into the SQL Server Configuration Manager and enabled the "Named Pipes" protocol (per default, a SQL Server 2008 Express installation seems to only have "Shared Memory" enabled here). After that, the installation completed sucessfully.

• Edited by mhu0815 Wednesday, October 26, 2011 8:36 AM
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 8:35 AM
  • Nice, thanks for sharing this solution!
    Kurt Dillard http://www.kurtdillard.com
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 3:26 PM
  • This worked for me also, thanks
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 2:22 PM