none
Teredo adapter isn't installed and doesnt exist on my computer

Question

• I'm trying to play games using the microsoft store on my PC and I'm unable to play with my friend who has an Xbox One. We're trying to play Sea of Thieves, which supports cross platform play, and I keep getting errors about the Teredo adapter for my PC. I've looked into the problem and followed the advice to add legacy hardware in the device manager for the network adapter, but Teredo never is an option. Is there a safe portal to download the adapter from microsoft? or is there another avenue I should take?
    Wednesday, March 21, 2018 1:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What’s the error message with the Teredo adapter?

Please try to take following steps to install the adapter.

1. Open Device Manager, click Action -> Add legacy hardware

2. Click Next -> Next -> select Network adapters -> Next.

3. Wait for a while, select Microsoft -> Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter -> Next.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Vera Hu Friday, March 23, 2018 8:28 AM
    Thursday, March 22, 2018 2:32 AM
  • Hi, 

How’s everything going? Please feel free to give me any update.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 9:32 AM
  • Hi, 

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Tuesday, April 3, 2018 8:49 AM
  • Hi Vera,

i'm actually having the same problem and none of the solutions i found was helpful ,

tried the one you suggested , the CMD commands , and the registry edits in other microsoft pages, but after all nothing happens and the teredo is not there and can't be found in the list if i want to add it ,

isn't there any tool for that ?

thanks 

Cemoe

Saturday, May 19, 2018 2:36 AM