Jump List in Taskbar rearranging is not working RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to rearrange the items in the jump list task bar for Word and Excel 2010.

When I drag and drop to a new position Microsoft moves to another location in the list, not where I've selected.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, November 30, 2017 5:34 PM

Answers

• I removed all the recent items from the Word and Excel jump lists and removed a couple of pinned documents. It seems to be fine now.

Is there a way to remove all recent items at once instead of removing it individually?

Thanks in advance.

• Marked as answer by falcios Wednesday, December 6, 2017 11:39 AM
    Saturday, December 2, 2017 1:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What is your os version?

If you are running Windows 7, there is a feature in Jump List task bar that you can rearrange the order of items pinned in jumplist by dragging them up or down. Hold down the left mouse button, drag the entry and a black line shows.

Here are some steps that you can follow to narrow down the issue:

1.Test if you can rearrange other jumplist order except Word and Excel

2. Boot into Safe Mode to see if the problem still exist. If it works fine in Safe Mode, please perform a clean boot to disable the third-party software conflict.

3.Run sfc /scannow in cmd as administrator to fix the system components.

4.Change a user to login to test.

5.Update your mouse driver in Device Manager.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 1, 2017 3:05 AM
  • I removed all the recent items from the Word and Excel jump lists and removed a couple of pinned documents. It seems to be fine now.

Is there a way to remove all recent items at once instead of removing it individually?

Thanks in advance.

• Marked as answer by falcios Wednesday, December 6, 2017 11:39 AM
    Saturday, December 2, 2017 1:41 PM
  • Hi,

The recent items in jump list are stored in

%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinationsyou can copy and paste the path into the Explorer address bar. You can sort it by date modified with the recent items showing at the top.

Then right click the word in Taskbar to show recent items, pin a file to list, then refresh the AutomaticDestinations. The recent modified files will be list at the top, then delete it, you will find that all the recent items in jump list are cleared.

If you have benefit from the suggestions, it is appreciated that you can mark it as an answer so that it can help other communities with the similar problems.

Best regards,

Vivian

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 4, 2017 10:30 AM
  • Hi,

Have you benefit from the suggestions? Any updates?

Wednesday, December 6, 2017 1:55 AM