none
MIM MA failed-creation-via-web-services for group RRS feed

• Question

• Hi! I'm trying to make group flow from AD to MIM by this guide:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff686936%28v=ws.10%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

User's sync is working fine.

I have a such flow in Portal, nothing unusual

Preview:

Validation:

Preview:

When I try to make Export from MIM MA I get such error: 

Fault Reason: The request message contains errors that prevent processing the request.\r\n\r\nFault Details: <RepresentationFailures xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/2006/11/ResourceManagement" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><AttributeRepresentationFailure><AttributeType>MembershipLocked</AttributeType><AttributeValue></AttributeValue><FailureMessage>Exception: RequiredValueIsMissing Target(s): 3590D756-165C-4F95-8117-0E59880DBA73
    Stack Trace: Microsoft.ResourceManagement.WebServices.Exceptions.InvalidRepresentationException: RequiredValueIsMissing
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Utilities.ExceptionManager.ThrowException(Exception exception)
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Data.Exception.DataAccessExceptionManager.ThrowException(SqlException innerException, TransactionAndConnectionScope scope)
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Data.DataAccess.ProcessRequest(RequestType request)
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.ActionProcessor.ActionDispatcher.ProcessInputRequest(RequestType request)
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.WebServices.RequestDispatcher.ExecuteAction(RequestType request)
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.WebServices.RequestDispatcher.ExecuteAction[ResponseBodyType](RequestType request)
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.WebServices.RequestDispatcher.DispatchRequest[ResponseBodyType](RequestType request, Guid requestIdentifier, Object redispatchSingleInstanceKey, Boolean isRedispatch)
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.WebServices.RequestDispatcher.DispatchRequest[ResponseBodyType](RequestType request)
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.WebServices.ResourceManagementService.Create(Message request)</FailureMessage><AttributeFailureCode>RequiredValueIsMissing</AttributeFailureCode><AdditionalTextDetails>An attribute is required to complete the operation.</AdditionalTextDetails></AttributeRepresentationFailure><CorrelationId>b221a2b1-2fd6-463c-8f82-719b982cf826</CorrelationId></RepresentationFailures>

I can't understand which attribute is needed.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 1:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

All the attributes on the export are "skipped: not precedent", presumably because you have an import flow of the same attributes from the MIM service with a higher precedence.

Hope that helps,

Paul.

• Marked as answer by alexiszp Tuesday, September 13, 2016 2:41 PM
    Tuesday, September 13, 2016 1:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

All the attributes on the export are "skipped: not precedent", presumably because you have an import flow of the same attributes from the MIM service with a higher precedence.

Hope that helps,

Paul.

• Marked as answer by alexiszp Tuesday, September 13, 2016 2:41 PM
    Tuesday, September 13, 2016 1:55 PM
  • Yes, you are right!

If we are importing this attributes from AD it would be better to position AD MA upper in that list, yes?

But after creation of new group in MIM Portal, as I understand it would not be exported to AD, yes?

So, if we want MIM to be only one source, after importing all groups we need to move AD MA lower in this list?

Thanks!

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 2:09 PM
  • Yes, that's right.

You could use equal precedence, which means the last to update wins, but I'm not generally a fan and Microsoft are trying to deprecate the feature.  I often have to use it for group membership though.

Thanks,

Paul.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 2:36 PM