Surface pro with TP3 stuck in airplane mode RRS feed

• Question

• Did a bunch of searching and came up empty. I have an original surface pro that i slapped on TP3 the wireless driver looked ok(it was the default TP3 driver) but it just would not come out of airplane mode so i couldn't connect to any networks. 
    • Edited by JustusIV Friday, September 4, 2015 9:50 PM
    Friday, September 4, 2015 9:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to my experence and knownledge,  the surface pro was build for the client system, the driver might be not suit for a server operation system. When the driver not able to detect the cable network or wireless , it would shown as the airplane mode.

If you'd like to test the windows server 2016 TP3 release, I would suggest you to install the operation system on a phsycial server hardware.

Best Regards

Elaine

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Elaine Jing Thursday, September 24, 2015 7:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alex Lv Wednesday, September 30, 2015 2:58 AM
    Monday, September 14, 2015 7:04 AM

All replies

• Hi JustuslV,

Thanks for your post, however as your issue is not related to the windows server but surface pro, I would recommand you to post your problem on the surface support forum:

http://www.surfaceforums.net/categories/microsoft-surface-support-forum.10/

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Elaine

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Meinolf Weber Tuesday, September 8, 2015 9:26 AM
    Tuesday, September 8, 2015 9:04 AM
  • I will post over there BUT..... since the surface works just fine(in every other OS) to me its a Server 2016 question. 

I wasn't exactly clear that this is an issue in the current Server 2016 TP3 release.

• Edited by JustusIV Tuesday, September 8, 2015 1:26 PM
    Tuesday, September 8, 2015 12:38 PM
  • Hi,

According to my experence and knownledge,  the surface pro was build for the client system, the driver might be not suit for a server operation system. When the driver not able to detect the cable network or wireless , it would shown as the airplane mode.

If you'd like to test the windows server 2016 TP3 release, I would suggest you to install the operation system on a phsycial server hardware.

Best Regards

Elaine

• Proposed as answer by Elaine Jing Thursday, September 24, 2015 7:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alex Lv Wednesday, September 30, 2015 2:58 AM
    Monday, September 14, 2015 7:04 AM