none
UAG trunks per server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is there any best practice information on how many trunks you can / should create per UAG server?  Is it limited to IP's per NIC / Server spec etc?  Any information would be great

Thanks

Alex

Cheers Alex
    Monday, July 25, 2011 2:58 PM

Answers

• As far as I know there is no published info on this topic. You will likely bump into hardware limitations before anything else. However many you use, make sure you monitor resources (with your approximate number of average users connected) as you add them so you don't end up killing the server by turning them all on at the same time.
    • Proposed as answer by MrShannon Friday, July 29, 2011 2:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by Athomp15 Monday, August 1, 2011 9:39 AM
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 1:34 PM

All replies

• As far as I know there is no published info on this topic. You will likely bump into hardware limitations before anything else. However many you use, make sure you monitor resources (with your approximate number of average users connected) as you add them so you don't end up killing the server by turning them all on at the same time.
    • Proposed as answer by MrShannon Friday, July 29, 2011 2:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by Athomp15 Monday, August 1, 2011 9:39 AM
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 1:34 PM
  • Thanks Jordan,

We are only talking about 5 or 6 trunks with light users.  I don't think we will see any issues.  I just wanted to make sure that were wasn't a "server resource e.g. memory" to Trunk calaculation I should be following.

Cheers

Alex

Cheers Alex
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 11:20 AM