creative sound blaster live 5.1 platinum no driver RRS feed

• Question

• I recently upreformat my PC to window vista 32bit.

My soundcard appear that not working fine as it is updated from microsoft website,

no sound was heard.

my system is pentium 4 3.0GHz, 4GB, nvidia fx5600 256mb, motherboard is intel D865PERL bios is P21.

Please help pronto. 

Tuesday, February 6, 2007 1:16 PM

All replies

•      Hello normanio,

You coud install drivers pack from your Blaster Live. The problem is that SoundBlaster web site do not offer support to "old divices" like your Sound Blaster Live!.

So You will need to search for drivers for windows XP, and later you will install it on your Windows Vista. But there is a problem,

You need drivers files, not setup, because setup on Win Vista is crashed and It is stoped and it don't install any driver. You will need to unpack before, and later manually install drivers.

I don't understand this strange behavior from Microsoft to don´t give support to this well known, famous and extended device like Sound blaster Live! 5.1 Series. 

Only a word:  dissapointing !

When you win to install drivers (drivers to winxp) on win Vista, you will only have a stereo sound, Not Sourround and 5.1.

If anybody (or Microsoft people) know about drivers for  Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 series that work fine (5.1 compatibility...), please tell us!

Thanks!

• Proposed as answer by KAGRAN22 Tuesday, September 7, 2010 6:09 AM
    Sunday, March 4, 2007 9:17 PM
  • Hi...Cres

I am facing also the same problem, recently i installed Windows Vista and i want install the Creative Blaster Live 5.1 Driver but unfortunately Vista not at all support to this Driver. I tried to download from Creative and microsoft but it is failed.

So we have two choices that forget  Vista or Creative !!!!!!

Attention Microsoft people: try to understand and solve the problems, Many people are waiting for the support.

Thanks

Friday, July 11, 2008 10:55 AM
  • TRYTHIS, ADD REMOVE PROGRAMES, REMOVE MEDIA SOURCE ALL PROGRAMES

THEN TRY IT AGAIN, WORKED FOR ME

Thursday, August 14, 2008 6:07 AM
  • GO TO ADD REMOVE PROGRAMES REMOVE MEDIA SOURCE AND TRY IT AGAIN, WORKED FOR ME,

Thursday, August 14, 2008 6:11 AM
  • i have the old media disk but i don't know what to do with it or how to do it there is nothing to remove
    Tuesday, October 13, 2009 8:45 PM
  • Hi...Cres

I am facing also the same problem, recently i installed Windows Vista and i want install the Creative Blaster Live 5.1 Driver but unfortunately Vista not at all support to this Driver. I tried to download from Creative and microsoft but it is failed.

So we have two choices that forget  Vista or Creative !!!!!!

Attention Microsoft people: try to understand and solve the problems, Many people are waiting for the support.

Thanks

The problem today is that people think an operating system should have all necessary drivers for your hardware.
    Please remember that Microsoft is not repsonsible for supplying drivers for hardware that isn't designed by Microsoft.

You should ALWAYS contact your HARDWARE MANUFACTURER for driver support... NOT the operating system manufacturer.
    If the hardware manufacturer refuses to supply drivers for Windows Vista or Windows 7, there isn't much you can do about it.
    Except, maybe think about upgrading your out-dated hardware.

NOTE: Hardware manufacturers generally deliver a 5 year support for drivers... afterwich the hardware is End Of Life.
    If you can't accept this... once again, contact your hardware manufacturer... NOT Microsoft !

Kind Regards
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 1:14 PM
  • Download from Softpedia.com driver LiveDrvUni-Pack(ENG).exe 1) right click my comp click properties click advanced system settings click hardware tab click device installation settings and choose "no let me choose what to do" and select last option to NOT low windows update to install drivers for u. 2) Uninstalled windows update driver through device manager. Tick remove driver from pc box 3) click scan hardware changes icon at top 4) it should fail 5) Download winrar from WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files 6) Make sure you have the old file from a few years ago "LiveDrvUni-Pack(ENG).exe" 7) Right click this file and click "extract to folder LiveDrvUni-Pack(ENG)" 8) Go to device manager and right click "multimedia controller" which should hav exclamation mark next to it.. click update driver. click the 2nd option to "browse computer"..then click browse button and locate your LiveDrvUni-Pack(ENG) folder and double click your way to Audio\Drivers\WIN2K_XP..tick "include subfolders"...then click next...play a song in winamp and it should be ok 9) This is a 2002 driver but hey it works! And im sure the morons at microsoft and creative will fix this problem down the track or it will be time to buy a cheap chinese sound card on ebay!
    Friday, December 18, 2009 8:40 AM
  • I had the same problem once i tryed to install win 7 on a Dell dimension 4550. As i remember it also had a sound blaster card that win 7 did not support.

I did not "Fix" the issue. But i found a work around.

I have a plantronics gamecom headset that has a external sound USB sound card. Theyr idea with it is to be able to use the awesome sound quality on any machine.

Now. When you also have a oooold stereo system...I just hooked upp the wires to the amplefier so that the sound from the pc goes through the plantronics USB sound card to the stereo speakers. Now the cool thing is that I was able to use both headset and the speakers via choosing what output to use in sound option in control panel in win 7. (a quick macro key and your have headphone/stereo swap) :)

apart from XP, and somewhat vista. Win 7 makes this effortless...No shutting down browsers to make the switch work.

Again...This is not a sulotion but a work around. And many headsets have gone to this external USB sound card today, to support theyr awesome sound capabilitis.

Offcurse this suggests that you have a "Gamer" headset and a old sound system. Or new one if you wanna use that as PC speakers.
    Monday, December 21, 2009 7:21 PM
  • Know old Thread but (this should even work on Win 7) a workarround is the kx Project (http://kxproject.com/)

They provide Drivers for most Creative Audiocards and theese suport even Win 7 :)

(The GUI is a ugly duck but the drivers are superb - i use it now a few years)

Tuesday, September 7, 2010 6:13 AM