none
After upgrade FIM 2010 R2 to MIM SP1 OTP SMS Gate stopped using SMSServiceProvider.dll RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

One of my customers recently upgraded their FIM 2010 R2 to MIM 2016 SP1. It seems that their password reset SMS Gate stopped working. They had implemented SMSServiceProvider.dll using gate from their telecom (and it was working fine). All the phones are registered in format: 00971xxxxxxxxx

Right now instead of sending SMS we have error in the log coming from Azure MFA complaining that telephone number doesn't contain international code. It looks like it switched to use Azure MFA instead of previously used SMSServiceProvider.dll.

How can we switch it back?

Borys Majewski, Identity Management Solutions Architect (Blog: IDArchitect.NET)

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 7:27 PM

Answers

• You should still have SMSServicePrivider.dll file in a backup on in your code repository - have you tried to rebuild it and replace SMSServiceProvider.dll file that was placed during MIM installation?

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

• Marked as answer by Borys Majewski Wednesday, February 1, 2017 8:52 AM
    Wednesday, February 1, 2017 8:06 AM

All replies

• You should still have SMSServicePrivider.dll file in a backup on in your code repository - have you tried to rebuild it and replace SMSServiceProvider.dll file that was placed during MIM installation?

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

• Marked as answer by Borys Majewski Wednesday, February 1, 2017 8:52 AM
    Wednesday, February 1, 2017 8:06 AM
  • Thanks Dominik,

I didn't notice they replaced it. I was thinking they have separate dll and that there is some configuration.

Borys Majewski, Identity Management Solutions Architect (Blog: IDArchitect.NET)

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 8:52 AM