PQ Salesforce objects filter logic RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone!

Is it possible to create filter logic in power query, similar to filter logic in salesforce reporting, when using the salesforce object connector?

My organization has over 60k accounts and I would only like to pull a subset of those projects. I typically do this in the salesforce report but the salesreport connector has a limit of 2,000 rows. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

• Edited by greenguy13 Monday, February 23, 2015 7:13 AM
    Monday, February 23, 2015 7:13 AM

Answers

• We don't currently support applying custom filters to reports, but if I remember correctly, the underlying Salesforce API does support it -- so it's possible we would add this functionality in the future.
    Monday, February 23, 2015 2:29 PM
  • Did you try to use the Query Editor with the filtering option to get the accounts you need?

Can you be more specific which accounts you would like to choose from the 60k total acocunts?

Monday, February 23, 2015 11:20 AM

All replies

• Did you try to use the Query Editor with the filtering option to get the accounts you need?

Can you be more specific which accounts you would like to choose from the 60k total acocunts?

Monday, February 23, 2015 11:20 AM
  • We don't currently support applying custom filters to reports, but if I remember correctly, the underlying Salesforce API does support it -- so it's possible we would add this functionality in the future.
    Monday, February 23, 2015 2:29 PM
  • Hi Curt, I think the custom filtering on salesforce table/reports are important. We are using the PQ to extract the data from salesforce on the daily bases and it is painful to load large account / tasks tables. What we need is to filter on the SystemModstamp (or any other time-stamp) field to bring only last 3 days changed data.
    Monday, March 16, 2015 5:35 AM