How to setup VPN RRS feed

• Question

• I have a network setup as follows.

internet->firewall->Domain server, DHCP, DNS, storage server, vpn server.

I want to configure VPN so remote users can connect to internal network and access files in the storage server. The Internal network is in 192.168.1.x range. I believe it becomes an issue if the remote user is sitting on same ip range as that i have(ie,192.168.1.x). How can i configure the VPN so that the remote users get a different ip range when connecting and still access the files.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 1:02 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can configure a static IP address pool or use DHCP server to provide IP address to your remote clients.

And, since the IP range is different from your internal network, you need to add route entries in your RRAS server and other network devices.

IP Address Assignment

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd469712(WS.10).aspx

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Wu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Jeremy_Wu Monday, June 3, 2013 5:48 AM
    Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:17 AM

• Yes, it is true. If the IP range is the same, it will bring routing issues to your remove clients.

Thanks.

Jeremy Wu

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can configure a static IP address pool or use DHCP server to provide IP address to your remote clients.

And, since the IP range is different from your internal network, you need to add route entries in your RRAS server and other network devices.

IP Address Assignment

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd469712(WS.10).aspx

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Wu

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:17 AM
  •  Thank you. Was i true when i said that the ip address assigned by connecting to the VPN and the existing IP address of the remote user's private network are of same network it might cause problem ?

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:27 AM

• Yes, it is true. If the IP range is the same, it will bring routing issues to your remove clients.

Thanks.

Jeremy Wu

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:34 AM