SQL agent job that fail on MSSQL cluster not reported in SCOM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Recently we imported the SQL 2014 MP 6.6.4.0 in SCOM 2012R2 (CU2). Now when a SQL jobs failed on SQL cluster (2008 two node cluster or 2012 Always On Availability Group (twoo nodes)) SCOM doesn't report. In the SCOM console the failed jobs have the green "everything ok" status. Jobs on other stand alone SQL servers (2008/2012) does not have a problem. I tried a repair of the agent, flushed the health cache from the agent but without result. I tried a call at Microsoft but was rejected first because it was not assigned to the right team, created a new call and got the respons from the same engineer (???) that because i got no error they will not help me, because than it will be a root cause analysis which we don't have a contract for (please give me the evaluation form :), sorry, bit frustrated)

Does someone have an idea?

Regards, Jeroen Bleeker

Monday, February 29, 2016 1:51 PM

All replies

• MP for SQL 2008 and 2012 is 6.6.4.0

Regards, Jeroen Bleeker

Monday, February 29, 2016 1:52 PM
  • Hello Jeroen,

Based on my understanding, you mean that when there is job failed on SQL cluster, there is no alert. I would like to suggest you search in the Monitors by using "Job" and "Cluster" as the keywords. Make sure the proper monitors are enabled to monitor SQL job. In addition, please first make sure you have SQL job for cluster list under SQL Agent Job State.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 1, 2016 5:53 AM
  • Hi Yan Li,

Thank you for the reaction. 
    All the SQL Agent jobs that are created are discovered by SCOM and listed in the SCOM console. When i make a new job on the servers in the cluster, they are also discovered. When a job failed the status remains 'healthy' for that particular job/monitor in SCOM. Note: we recently also updated the servers which are running SQL 2012 Always On Availability Group with SP3 for SQL.

Regards,  

Jeroen Bleeker

Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:13 AM
  • Hello Jeroen,

To get alerts for failed jobs, enable the rule "A SQL job failed to complete successfully" and make sure that the option "Write to the Windows Application Event Log" "when the job fails" is selected for all jobs you want to monitor.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by porkpie84 Wednesday, October 19, 2016 11:34 AM
    Wednesday, March 2, 2016 8:53 AM