Had trouble turning on windows xp and installing xp home edition removed my temporary files? RRS feed

• Question

• first off this had nothing to do with windows xp service pack 3 . i am planning on buying windos xp home edition service pack 2 (sp2) from amazon.

hi  i had trouble turning on my windows xp not home edition or any edition last night. the other day (friday) it was working fine . then saturday it was not.  i had trouble connecting to windows xp . just to let you know i had this for 6 years . i had checked the internet through at&t  it said it was not connected .

then i phoned microsoft. the message i kept getting listed every thing from problems with the software and hardware to , something to do with a power outage only there was no power outage at my house. then it said do you want open windows in the three different safe modes , the second was to start windows normally and the third was to start with the last windows configuration. these did not work .when the person i spoked to could not help so he gave me the help line number .  i said i would phone them later.

then i found the windows xp home edition instructions and cd. my mother told me to install it and i did after the first message it said something about boosting or something from the cd that i had . let me tell you first the manufacture i bought it from had already install this windows xp non home edition or any other editions at the store. any way after i install the windows xp home edition i notice that  a message saying it was removing temporary files . when i log in the icons and folders that i had were gone. some of these were import others were not that important but i wish i had them . i was planning on backing up /saving them to a cd or flash drive , but i had no idea this would happen.it also removed the bookmarked websites i had.

sorry if this is long so is there a way i can get the temporary files i had back or are they gone  forever. like i said they were not to serious but i liked having them and most of them were icons . they were mostly old school/ college work . one of them i wanted to print out . so is there away if not i thank you for your time.

Sunday, November 27, 2011 10:06 PM

Answers

• It sounds like you have reinstalled windows XP. If this is the case, your files are probably gone.
    MCITP: Enterprise Administrator Windows Server 2008 MCTS: Windows 7, Active Directory, Network Infrastructure, Applications Infrastructure, Exchange 2007 ITIL V3 Certified
    Sunday, November 27, 2011 11:03 PM