Compatibility Sites GPO RRS feed

• Question

• I've read that Microsoft has taken out the features:

Turn on Internet Explorer 7 Standards Mode
    Turn off Compatibility View button
    Turn off Quick Tabs functionality
    Turn off the quick pick menu
    Use large icons for command buttons

I've read some more articles that say that IE has new features, but my problem is that I cannot edit this list on my Windows 7 PCs that are running compatibility mode for certain sites.  The only way I can edit that site list is to go to employee's computers and that will take forever.  Does anyone know another way of adding these sites through a GPO?  

Thanks for the information

Antonio

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 3:25 PM

All replies

• Thursday, June 25, 2015 1:02 AM
  • Hi,

Enterprise mode is real good choice for you to deploy compatibility site lists.

For your issue, would you please let us know your IE version and how you deploy the compatibility view site list?

Group Policy and compatibility with Internet Explorer 11
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn321457.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Make sure both following policies have been configured:

Turn on Compatibility View for selected websites, using Group Policy

Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Internet Explorer\Compatibility View

Double-click Use Policy List of Internet Explorer 7 sites, and then click Enabled.Users will be able to add or remove sites manually to their local Compatibility View list, but they won’t be able to remove the sites you specifically added.

Ensure your users are using the most up-to-date version of Microsoft’s compatibility list.

Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Internet Explorer\Compatibility View

Double-click Include updated Web site lists from Microsoft, and then click Enabled.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 26, 2015 2:49 AM
  • Use Policy List of Internet Explorer 7 sites doesn't work on Internet Explorer 11.

They have removed that feature from working.

I want to try the Enterprise Version that was mentioned above.  I just saw that same article yesterday and I've sent that out to my Application Services team for testing.

Thanks,

Antonio

Thank you, Antonio Notarbartolo

Friday, June 26, 2015 12:28 PM
  • Use Policy List of Internet Explorer 7 sites doesn't work on Internet Explorer 11.

They have removed that feature from working.

I want to try the Enterprise Version that was mentioned above.  I just saw that same article yesterday and I've sent that out to my Application Services team for testing.

Thanks,

Antonio

For further assistance, please post back. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 4:10 PM
  • as soon as it's tested and working I'll repost back..

Thanks,

Antonio

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 4:13 PM