suggestion - drawers...seriously RRS feed

• Question

• i would love to clear my entire desktop off of any icons,though not get rid of the icons.simply put them into dockable drawers(ie:icons are hidden off to the side and slide out when you move to that side of the screen or that particular drawer).there are programs that do this,one in particular by StarDock.though i think 7 could be amazing if it just included this feature.and make it totally customizable with categories,icons,ways it pops out like a dropdown menu or a regular drawer with its respective icons.gaining back that desktop real estate would be a very classy capability.
    Friday, August 14, 2009 8:39 PM

All replies

• Add the Desktop toolbar to the Taskbar by right clicking on the Taskbar and selecting Toolbars\Desktop.

Remove the view of icons from your desktop by right clicking the desktop and de-selecting View\Show desktop icons.

You can right click the left edge of the Desktop Toolbar and de-select "Show text", if you like.

Put the Taskbar on whichever edge of the monitor you want and select auto-hide on Taskbar Properties.  There you have your drawer.  But there can only be one.
    Friday, August 14, 2009 11:30 PM
  • not really...you lose accessibility,and me,i have my icons set up in a particular order.on the left side of the screen is work and productivity related icons,across the top is connectivity and media,and on the right is gaming.the only way i could clean these up right now is if i put them all in labeled folders like that,but then you lose design,give up some function,and still have to have an unnecessary window open.no,i want multiple drawers,so your solution doesnt quite suit me.

Saturday, August 15, 2009 1:48 AM