Aero won't work, or show up in Window Colour - I've tried 5 or so fixes. RRS feed

• General discussion

• I will start from the start. I bought an SSD yesterday (11 Aug, 2013). I did a clean install using my OEM license onto the SSD. Everything worked fine, all my programs installed as per usual.
    The thing I noticed from the start was that Aero features aren't working. There's no semitransparency, no desktop transparency overlay, etc, etc.

I have tried a number of methods to fix it to no avail. I have tried the regedit fix. I have tried the process/services restart (and stop, then start) fix. I've tried optimizing my graphics processor, nothing.

Troubleshooter finds no issues. I've done the WEI score rating.

Is there someone who can actually diagnose my situation without saying one of the above 'fixes'? Please note, Aero was not working since installation. I have also downloaded and installed all available Windows Updates. This is how my Window Color window appears. Also worth mentioning: the "Use Aero Peek to preview desktop" in taskbar properties is ticked and greyed out.

Thanks heaps if you can help, Jake

Monday, August 12, 2013 1:17 AM

All replies