none
Task from PWA not visible in MSP Pro 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• We use Project Server 2010 with March Cu. (We will install lastest CU next Week)

The problem is that when a project manager adds tasks in PWA, and then save and publish project these tasks are not visible in MSProject PRO version. The tasks are visible in the published version  in PWA. Even more bizarre the line number is missing in MSProject PRo.

EX: I add the task 5 and task 4 and 6 areexisting. In MSP Pro I find 4 and 6 but the number 5 will not be there.

The only way to resolve the problem is to save the project in PWA in the "Project Information" View..!?!

Any help is welcome

PWAdmin

Friday, October 26, 2012 5:05 PM

All replies

• Hello PWAdmin,

Is there a setting in Project Server 2010 that prevents the project manager to update your timeline is called the description is as follows:

if the company requires that the project manager does not have permission to change the actual time worked.

You can find this setting under Server Settings - Task Settings and Display - Protect user updates. Make sure this option is checked. If this setting is enabled clear and perform the procedure again.

Getting to register an error queue in the process of saving and publishing manager of the Project Web Access?

In Project Professional, you got to check but there is no filter that can prevent this display of this task.

I hope I helped.

References:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg597633.aspx

Hezequias Vasconcelos

Friday, October 26, 2012 5:35 PM
  • All the setting are Ok.

The problem occur only when we add task from PWA. We need to save the project form "Project Information" if we want to see them in Project Pro version...

PWAdmin

Monday, November 12, 2012 1:23 PM