locked
Problem with running CA SCM via App-V 5 SP2 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Sequencing went alright.
    application is working great when running locally and when i expand the sequenced package back to the sequencer.
    so, something is going wrong in the client, trying to figure out why.

    Event log viewer:

    Faulting application name: hsql.exe, version: 12.100.199.0, time stamp: 0x4cb35a8e
    Faulting module name: AppVEntSubsystems32.dll, version: 5.0.3361.0, time stamp: 0x5278121f
    Exception code: 0xc0000005

    for some reason, the AppVEntSubsystems32.dll module is faulting. and thats whats causing the app to fail..

    any ideas on how to diagnose why?

    Thanks.


    • Edited by Duduz IL Thursday, December 5, 2013 11:34 AM
    Thursday, December 5, 2013 11:33 AM

Answers

All replies

  • Hello,

    The exception code is generic;

    0xc0000005

    It usually means Access denied or something similar.

    You could,
    Monitor the startup with Process Monitor. Review if there are any obvious ACCESS DENIED results relating to the application and verify what those means.


    Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

    Thursday, December 5, 2013 1:24 PM
  • Hi,

    Did you find something/a solution?

    I got a similair message with 2 applications after upgrade to App-V 5.0 SP2 client.

    At the moment I downgrade the client to Client SP1 the application is working fine again.

    I checked with procmon but no acces denied or something like that.

    Tuesday, December 10, 2013 7:45 AM
  • Hey Sjefkez.

    It's clearly an issue with SP2.
    so I've tried with SP1 and everything is working great.



    using Procmon I could see on the SP2 package that it opens that specific file as LOCKED AS READ ONLY
    • Edited by Duduz IL Tuesday, December 10, 2013 10:12 AM
    Tuesday, December 10, 2013 9:49 AM
  • I know that the thread is somewhat old but is the first that comes in the search engines, so I would like to give it a bump. Same exception code 0xc0000005 with faulting module AppVEntSubsystems32.dll. Downgrade the AppV client to SP1 and the package works just fine. Tried with new win7 sp1 install with just powershell 3 and appv 5 sp2 client installed in stand alone mode and the error is there. Seems consistent and easily reproducible. No access  denied errors using procmon. Hopefully MS support takes notice.
    Saturday, February 15, 2014 10:14 PM
  • Hello,

    They released a hotfix, http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sgern/archive/2014/01/31/10495779.aspx and then pulled it back due to issues, http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sgern/archive/2014/02/11/10498348.aspx


    Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

    Sunday, February 16, 2014 8:36 AM
  • Hello,

    Updated release of the Hoftix;

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2934349/EN-US


    Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

    Monday, March 3, 2014 6:54 AM