Remote Desktop session with taskbar and without Start button RRS feed

• Question

• I need to configure a Remote Desktop Services server so that users connect via RDP, launch a custom application that launches other applications, use the taskbar to switch between applications, close the session as soon as they closte the last application or the first application started.

I try solve using Group Policies but till now I was unable to configure a policy to:

• Allow the taskbar without enabling the desktop
    • Start an application (let's say, App1) at startup keeping the taskbar active
    • Remove the Start button from the taskbar
    • Close the session as soon as App1 is closed

I performed some tests but:

• If I configure an application to start when the session starts I don't see the taskbar
    • If I create a script to launch an application when the user logs on the application closes but the session remain active
    • I don't see any way to remove the Start button from the taskbar

Can anybody please help?

I found some documents abut the way to lock Terminal Services sessions in Windows Server 2003, but nothing related to Windows server 2008.

Regards

Mario

• Moved by Jane_Wang Thursday, September 15, 2011 6:39 AM (From:Group Policy)
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 3:37 PM

Answers

• Have you considered using RemoteApp for this purpose?

You can't just remove the start button, but you can remove some elements in it like Control Panel.

Spiro Govas, MSFT
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:19 AM

All replies