Central Administration RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

Did you create the site by clicking “Site Actions” upper right on Central Administration page and select “Create” and click “Site and Workspaces” directly?
    If so, the site you created will be a subsite on the CA site. And there will be a link on the top left of the site you created (on the same line of the “welcome.

But generally, we create a site collection on a web application first. About the benefits of how and why we do this, you may refer to the link: 
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd576268(v=office.12).aspx

I am looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,
    Emir

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Friday, October 21, 2011 11:03 AM
    Monday, October 17, 2011 6:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I've never had access to Central Administration, but I don't believe you can create sub-sites within it. Similarly, I haven't seen access to Central Admin direclty from a SharePoint site.

I think you should view the two areas as distinct, and access Central Admin as you have in the past.

Best wishes,

Eric

Thursday, October 13, 2011 2:39 PM
  • HI,

Your requirements are not clear. Please provide more details.

Where you have created the site? have you created a site collection? Since from central admin application management UI you can create that only.

Please provide more details.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Monday, October 17, 2011 4:01 AM
  • Hi,

Did you create the site by clicking “Site Actions” upper right on Central Administration page and select “Create” and click “Site and Workspaces” directly?
    If so, the site you created will be a subsite on the CA site. And there will be a link on the top left of the site you created (on the same line of the “welcome.

But generally, we create a site collection on a web application first. About the benefits of how and why we do this, you may refer to the link: 
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd576268(v=office.12).aspx

I am looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,
    Emir

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Friday, October 21, 2011 11:03 AM
    Monday, October 17, 2011 6:10 AM