NPS Error 4402, There is no domain controller available for domain RRS feed

• Question

• I implemented NPS server in a domain with two DC.  When I shutdown one of DC (Computer B) , then the NPS services showed Error 4402 "There is no domain controller available for domain XXXX". But actually one of DC (Computer A) is still running. Other domain services are normal.

After startup Computer B, then event log "A LDAP connection with domain controller computer.XXXX.XX for domain XXXX is established." showed and the NPS services can run normally.

I try to shutdown Computer A, the NPS services can still running normally.

What will cause this problem?

Anyone can help?

Thanks,

Friday, February 17, 2017 6:26 AM

Answers

• The problem was fixed by demote one of Domain Controller then re-promote it back as Domain Controller.

Thank you your help.

• Marked as answer by jkbcheng Thursday, March 9, 2017 4:16 AM
    Thursday, March 9, 2017 4:15 AM

All replies

• I implemented NPS server in a domain with two DC.  When I shutdown one of DC (Computer B) , then the NPS services showed Error 4402 "There is no domain controller available for domain XXXX". But actually one of DC (Computer A) is still running. Other domain services are normal.
    After startup Computer B, then event log "A LDAP connection with domain controller computer.XXXX.XX for domain XXXX is established." showed and the NPS services can run normally.
    I try to shutdown Computer A, the NPS services can still running normally.
    What will cause this problem?
    Anyone can help?
    Thanks,
    • Merged by Leo Han Tuesday, February 21, 2017 2:37 AM duplicated
    Friday, February 17, 2017 7:29 AM
  • Hi Jkbcheng,

Have you checked if there is related error events exist?

Please run Dcdiag command to check if AD function properly, you could post result to here for further troubleshooting.

Best Regards

John

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 20, 2017 6:47 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

John

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 2, 2017 9:47 AM
  • The problem was fixed by demote one of Domain Controller then re-promote it back as Domain Controller.

Thank you your help.

• Marked as answer by jkbcheng Thursday, March 9, 2017 4:16 AM
    Thursday, March 9, 2017 4:15 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your sharing.

Best Regards

John

Friday, March 10, 2017 1:42 AM