PowerPivot in Excel 2013 KPI Status Icons RRS feed

• Question

• The KPI status icons for KPIs in PowerPivot only display the default read, yellow, and green circles when displayed in a PivotTable regardless of which icon set is selected when the KPI is created. If the KPI status is displayed in a Power View report then the icons display as expected. Is this a limitation in PivotTables or is something wrong?

• Moved by Quist Zhang Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:23 AM More appropriate (From:Excel for Developers)
    Monday, November 12, 2012 6:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Bmoriarity,

According to your description, I'll move your thread to Office 2013 - IT Pro General Discussions.

The experts there are more familiar with your issue and may give your more suggestions or workarounds.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:25 AM
  • Hi,

I haven't seen the behavior within PowerPivot 2012.

Please Note: Since the following web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

http://sharepointmike.wordpress.com/2012/07/28/powerpivot-kpis-part-3-of-the-powerpivot-2012-series/

The screenshot shows except the circle shape, the shapes of status icons could be triangle and diamond.

The behavior may be changed in Excel 2013.

Best regards,

Rex Zhang
    TechNet Community Support
    A new Office has arrived, try it now.
    A beautiful Start. It begins here. Windows 8 and Windows RT.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Edited by Rex Zhang Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rex Zhang Friday, November 30, 2012 6:18 AM
    Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:09 AM
  • I am having the same problem. I started with the circles but because I am color blind I switched to the explanation mark, check and red X. But the changes don't pass through to Excel. I've re-deployed the model..... No luck. I recreated the KPI from scratch and chose the KPI indicatorI wanted and it did not change.
    Thursday, May 8, 2014 8:42 PM
  • Has anyone found a resolution yet?  I have Excel 2013 (64-bit) and cannot get the PowerPivot KPI icons to work consistently -- when they do show up, I can only see the red/yellow/green lights - none of the icons work.

Anyone have any luck with this?  What about publishing in SharePoint 2013 with Excel Services?

Thanks

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 11:11 PM
  • Same issue here with Excel 2013 32-bits....

Seemed to work in 2012, strange regression then.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 9:46 AM
  • I have the same problem with Excel 2013 Professional Plus 64 bit...

Thursday, March 26, 2015 10:14 AM
  • I am having the same issue with Excel 2013, but it doesn't look like an answer is here yet...
    Tuesday, May 24, 2016 2:15 PM