Outlook 365 Pro+ 64Bit Not Showing Presence Icons From Teams RRS feed

• Question

• As you can see in the screen shot below, presence icons are not showing in Outlook (tried on build 1902 and a different PC with 1908).   Thus far I have:

1. Turned REGISTER TEAMS AS... off, Quit Teams & Outlook, restarted Teams and reenabled REGISTER TEAMS AS... then launched Outlook
    2. Uninstalled / Reinstalled Teams downloaded directly from Portal.Office.com - build 1.4.4.0 but does not tell me if it is 32bit or 64bit
    3. Made sure the HKCU appears correct - it was but I deleted it anyway then restarted Teams which added it back in - I deleted it again and copied the HKCU settings shown below from a different PC that is working fine (running 32Bit O365)  
    4. Confirmed OWA is showing Presence
    5. Tried on a 32Bit O365 1902 build and it showed Presence from Teams
    6. Confirmed Outlook is set to DISPLAY ONLINE STATUS NEXT TO NAME
    7. Confirmed Teams Add-in is ENABLED in Outlook
    8. Confirmed Teams Meetings buttons work fine in Outlook

Thoughts?

Ian Matthews www.urtech.ca www.commodore.ca

Thursday, December 19, 2019 12:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Is this a problem that has only recently occurred? If so, what specific operations did you do before this problem occurred?

It is suggested to install the latest updates of Outlook.

>> build 1.4.4.0 but does not tell me if it is 32bit or 64bit.

Please click your Account > About > Version, then you can see whether it is 32bit or 64bit.

Please make sure it is consistent with Outlook.

Beside, please follow the steps below to do a troubleshooting:

1. Please make sure your Outlook and Teams work at the same time with a same account.
    2. It is suggested to start your Outlook in online mode and see if there is any difference. (File > Account Settings > Double click your account > Uncheck "Use Cached Exchang Mode to download email to an Outlook data file")
    3. To check whether your Teams Add-in is corrupted, it is suggested to copy a Teams Add-in file from another computer and then paste it into your computer to replace the old one.
    4. A corrupted profile may also cause this issue, please try creating and using a new Outlook profile via Control Panel > Mail > Show profile and test.
    5. If the issue persists, please repair your Offcie installation or reinstall.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 19, 2019 7:01 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 20, 2019 8:08 AM
  • Hi Adrian;

• I tried disabled cached mode, as you suggested, but the issue persists
    • If have tried signing into multiple PC's and creating profiles.  All of the 64bit Office/Outlook versions have the issue and all of the 32bit Office/Outlook versions do not (i.e. they show the Teams related presence icons in Outlook)
    • The is happening for all staff with 64bit Office/Outlook and is not limited to the test account I am working with

Do you have any other thoughts?

Thanks.

Ian Matthews www.urtech.ca www.commodore.ca

Friday, December 20, 2019 5:46 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

>> If have tried signing into multiple PC's and creating profiles.  All of the 64bit Office/Outlook versions have the issue and all of the 32bit Office/Outlook versions do not (i.e. they show the Teams related presence icons in Outlook)

You Teams may be 32bit, so it is suggested to ask all your users to use 32bit Outlook/Office.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Wednesday, December 25, 2019 8:18 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Friday, December 27, 2019 7:00 AM