none
Items Moved To A Folder Won't Display

Question

• I am using MS Office 2007's Outlook client on my Windows 8.1 machine. I recently created the email profile on this machine using POP and imported the .pst archives from my old computer that used IMAP. Today I moved (selected, dragged, and dropped the items) some items from a folder named "Drafts (This Computer Only)" to a folder named "Drafts" in my POP based account, with the intention of deleting the "Drafts (This Computer Only)" folder after the move. Now the "Drafts" folder shows 140 unread items next to the folder name, but when you click on the folder, the email view pane says there are no items found in the folder. Does anyone know what could be causing this failure to display the moved emails?
    • Edited by jminshal Thursday, March 9, 2017 10:12 PM
    Thursday, March 9, 2017 9:53 PM

Answers

• Hi,

When clicking the folder, can you see "Filter Applied" in the status bar in the lower left corner of Outlook Windows?

Please go to View tab > Change View, if you see "Hide Messages marked for Deletion" is currently selected, please try changing it to "IMAP Messages" and then check whether you can see the emails.

Please let me know the result.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by jminshal Friday, March 10, 2017 8:30 PM
    Friday, March 10, 2017 7:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

When clicking the folder, can you see "Filter Applied" in the status bar in the lower left corner of Outlook Windows?

Please go to View tab > Change View, if you see "Hide Messages marked for Deletion" is currently selected, please try changing it to "IMAP Messages" and then check whether you can see the emails.

Please let me know the result.

Regards,

Steve Fan

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by jminshal Friday, March 10, 2017 8:30 PM
    Friday, March 10, 2017 7:28 AM
  • Thanks Steve! That did the trick.

JMinshal

J. Minshall

Friday, March 10, 2017 8:31 PM
  • You're welcome!

Regards,

Steve Fan

Monday, March 13, 2017 1:39 AM