Manually Transfer Outlook Profil RRS feed

• Question

• Windows 7 and Office 2007.

Here's the problem. I need to manually transfer an Outlook profile to another computer.

The OS on the old computer crashed so I am not able to do the normal export/import routine.  I am, however, able to read the hard drive when I put it in an external hard drive tray and plug it into a USB port.

I need to extract the Outlook profile, settings, messages, etc. off the old hard drive and drop them into the corresponding folders on the new computer.  If nothing else, I at least need to get the messages back.

This is NOT an MS Exchange environment. This is on a PC that has Outlook set up to get email from Cox.net.

Where do I find all the Outlook data on the old hard drive. I'm assuming it is under the appdata folder somewhere.

-WVMontani

Sunday, February 26, 2017 10:06 PM

All replies

• Here are the various default locations for the files. 

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Locating-the-Outlook-data-files-0996ece3-57c6-49bc-977b-0d1892e2aacc?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US 

Once copied to the new box, add profile in the Cpanel mail app and then modify the PST location before starting Outlook.
    Sunday, February 26, 2017 10:28 PM
  • OK.

I copied all the Outlook files from the old Windows profile to the corresponding folders on the new Windows profile.

I created a new Outlook profile via Cpanel, Mail.

But when I launch Outlook under the new Outlook profile, it comes up with a new blank account with an empty inbox.

None of the stuff from the old Outlook was there.What do you mean by "modify the PST location" before starting Outlook?

-WVMontani

Monday, February 27, 2017 1:27 AM
  • Hi,

>>This is NOT an MS Exchange environment.

What type of email account are you using? POP3 or IMAP?

I'd recommend you have a look at the detailed instructions here on how to move Outlook to a new computer:

https://www.slipstick.com/outlook/config/move-outlook-to-a-new-windows-computer/

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Steve Fan Monday, February 27, 2017 7:49 AM
    Monday, February 27, 2017 7:48 AM
  • Please check this article, it has some information on How to transfer Outlook data from one computer to another computer. 
    Monday, February 27, 2017 10:59 AM
  • It's a POP account.

-WVMontani

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 12:52 AM