Internal clients can't send nor rcv internally RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Ex2k13 setup as :

Win2012 R2 DC

Win2012 R2 + Ex2k13 act as CAS and MBX server 

now i promoted a new Ex2k13 node to configure DAG between them , but once the installation of the new exchange finished and before doing any settings related to DAG or any send/rcv connector , i started receiving complains about some internal users can't send/rcv internally although the mailbox is connected ,

at first i checked queue and i found many emails in the shadow queue , although it shudn't be related to the problem but i disabled it then i had to stop all transport services and other exchange services in the new Exchange node and then the users started to send / rcv normally !

what cud be the reason ? and how to avoid it ?

BR, Mohamed Wahab "Egypt Cyber Center"

Thursday, January 8, 2015 7:58 PM

Answers

• Hi There,

It looks like a transport Issue on the new 2013 CAS.

I would check the Send \ Receive connectors on the new 2013 server to see if there is a configuration issue.

Cheers,

Exchange Blog:

www.ntweekly.com

MCSA, MCSE, MCITP:SA, MCITP:EA, MCITP:Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010,MCTS:Virtualization

Thursday, January 8, 2015 9:17 PM
  • Hi Mohamed,

According to your description, I know that users cannot send/receive internally until restarting Transport services.

Is there any error message related to Transport service left in App Log? If it is, please paste the details without sensitive information for the further troubleshooting.

Additional information for your reference:

Transport Errors and Events 

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh994900(v=exchg.141).aspx

Thanks

Mavis Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Mavis_Huang Monday, February 9, 2015 8:55 AM
    Wednesday, February 4, 2015 12:01 PM

All replies

• Hi There,

It looks like a transport Issue on the new 2013 CAS.

I would check the Send \ Receive connectors on the new 2013 server to see if there is a configuration issue.

Cheers,

Exchange Blog:

www.ntweekly.com

MCSA, MCSE, MCITP:SA, MCITP:EA, MCITP:Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010,MCTS:Virtualization

Thursday, January 8, 2015 9:17 PM
  • its the default configuration , i didn't make any changes yet and nothing in the queue !

BR, Mohamed Wahab "Egypt Cyber Center"

Thursday, January 8, 2015 11:08 PM
  • Hi Mohamed,

According to your description, I know that users cannot send/receive internally until restarting Transport services.

Is there any error message related to Transport service left in App Log? If it is, please paste the details without sensitive information for the further troubleshooting.

Additional information for your reference:

Transport Errors and Events 

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh994900(v=exchg.141).aspx

Thanks

Mavis Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Mavis_Huang Monday, February 9, 2015 8:55 AM
    Wednesday, February 4, 2015 12:01 PM